THE TOP 8 THINGS TO BOOK IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR VIRGIN ISLANDS VACATION
The Top 8 Things to Book in Advance for Your Virgin Islands Vacation
These are the things you should book early for your St. John or St. Thomas Vacation!
We get asked all the time, what should we book in advance and how far in advance? Here’s the top 8 things to book in advance for your Virgin Islands Vacation as soon as you have your dates set!
- Get your accommodations booked! The Virgin Islands have more demand for places to stay than places available to stay. It’s important to get these booked before almost anything else so that you can make sure you have the perfect place. To book secure and vetted places check out our Luxury Resorts or request help finding a villa.
- Book your Car Rental. Booking car rentals in St. John & St. Thomas is much different than most places. The major car rental agencies at the airport often double book, increase your rate upon arrival, or have you waiting hours for your rental car which is the last thing we want for you when you arrive! Book through a local agency with positive online reviews. Or contact us for a quote! We search through multiple trusted agencies for you, so you don’t have to do the work.
- Book your Private Catamaran Charters. We get calls every single day for last minute catamaran excursions! Most book up far in advance, as in comparison to power boats – catamarans are few and far between for day charters! Our guest favorite that books weeks to months in advance, is Sweet Pea Catamaran! Click here to view and book. You can also view all our catamaran options here.
- Book your Private Island Tour of St. John. Book your St. John jeep tour early! Island Buddy is one of only two jeep tour companies located on St. John and they also have the best rates, which are a couple of the reasons they book up quickly. Click here to view and book.
- Book the Dolphin Splash & Swim at Coral World. This is the only way to safely swim with Dolphins in the USVI. It is one of the most popular excursions on the island and it can sell out far in advance. Click here to view and book.
- Lime Out Shared Charters. Lime Out is the only floating taco bar in the USVI (and really the only floating taco bar we’ve ever heard of). It’s a must visit for many of our guests. The only way to get to Lime Out is by boat! These shared charters are a fun way to go and space is limited, so book early. Click here to view and book St. Thomas or click here to view and book St. John.
- Your Charter to the British Virgin Islands. That’s right! You can take day trips to the British Virgin Islands by boat from the USVI. However, there are a limited number of options to the BVI. With thousands arriving to the USVI each day, that means they book pretty far in advance. For more information or to book, send us an email – [email protected].
- Book your Dining Reservations. Make your dining reservations early, especially if you have a large group! Many restaurants only take reservations 30 to 60 days out. Keep in mind when making your reservations at those places with a view that sunset in the USVI is around 6PM in the winter and 7PM in the summer (click here for sunset times). Dining reservations are included complimentary when you work with Caribbean Concierge!
If you’re hesitant to book early because you think your plans may change, don’t worry! Check the cancellation policies for your bookings, found at check-out when you go to book. Most have flexible cancellation policies anywhere from 24 hours in advance to 7 days in advance. If you’d like help with your itinerary, feel free to reach out to Caribbean Concierge! We are a no cost luxury concierge planning service located in the USVI planning only for St. Thomas & St. John.